COVID-19: Special measures
Patient Admittance Procedures: During COVID Pandemic
Dear valued patients of North Vancouver Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic,
Please be advised we have made changes to how our clinic will operate in order to keep you and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. In preparation of re-opening following the government-mandated closure, we would like you to read the information below.
In order for you and your family to be scheduled in for an in-person visit, you will be required to sign this form and return to us before your scheduled appointment.
Steps we have taken:
- Deep cleaned our clinic prior to re-opening, with government-approved medical-grade cleaning solutions
- Installed safety germ guards for our staff at the front desk
- Created social distancing seating arrangements in our waiting room
- Secured supply of PPE for our staff. The therapist will be wearing a mask and possible eye protection
- Air purifiers in each of our treatment rooms to draw air and potential droplets away from the therapist and client, and filter out as many germs and particles as possible
- We will be adding a 15-minute cleaning window to the end of each appointment. This will allow us to deep clean each treatment room between use (using medical-grade cleaning solution). Our staff will also wash their hands and change or clean their PPE if necessary.
- Two therapists may be working on the same shift, but their clients will have staggered booking times to minimize possible client to client contact
- Treatment will only be performed in the two end rooms (non-curtained) to maximize the distance between therapists and clients
- Treatments to be performed strictly one client by one therapist at a time
- All acupuncture services including dry needling have been suspended until further notice
- Usage of exercise equipment in the clinic will be drastically reduced or eliminated. Ultrasound, IFC and our traction bed will also be suspended until further notice. Treatments will primarily focus on manual therapy.
- Therapists and admin staff will not be allowed to work if they have travelled or been hospitalized in the last 14 days or show any viral symptoms
- All non-essential items from the waiting room have been removed (magazines, remotes, toys, water dispenser)
- Hand sanitizer available at the front desk and inside the physiotherapy clinic
What we ask of you
- Please arrive early for your appointments. It may take longer for you to access the clinic, and you will be required to wash your hands before your appointment.
- If you take the bus, please give yourself even extra travel time
- Do not bring anyone with you to the clinic, please come alone. If you must bring someone with you, please have them wait for you outside.
- Please bring your own PPE to the clinic, including wearing a mask. We will not be able to provide any PPE to patients due to the limited supply. At a minimum, you must be wearing a mask.
- Once you have arrived at the clinic, please call us to let us know. It is preferred that you will wait for your appointment outside (or in your vehicle) as we are limiting the number of people in the waiting room. If you choose to wait inside, please only sit in a designated seat. If you are waiting outside, we will call your cell phone when we are ready for you.
- Before entering the physio clinic, you MUST wash your hands with soap and water in our patient restroom.
- If you are wearing gloves. Please remove them and wash your hands. Keep gloves off while in the clinic.
- If you have travelled or have been hospitalized in the past 14 days, or are showing signs of the virus, such as cough, fever, runny nose, or shortness of breath – Please cancel your appointment. If you are sick with any cold, flu or virus please cancel the appointment. We will be waiving late cancellation fees for people who fit any of these criteria.
- We will no longer be accepting cash payments. Card payments only, and preferably Tap. We can also take credit card payment over the phone. In the near future, online payments will also be an option.
It is preferred that you call or email the office to make appointments. Your therapist will also be able to schedule your next appointment while in the treatment room with you. This will limit your need for being in the waiting room.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.