- Clayton Heights 188 St Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic
- North Vancouver Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
- Surrey 152nd St Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
- White Rock 16Ave Physiotherapy & Wellness Clinic
- Richmond Blundell Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic
- Richmond Steveston Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic
What is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave Treatment is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that involves the delivery of high energy sound waves to affected areas of the body to trigger the body’s own natural repair mechanisms and stimulate healing. It is a safe and effective treatment option. The recovery period is shorter than traditional invasive surgery and the procedure eliminates many of the risks associated with traditional surgery. Generally, 3 treatments are advocated with 1 week between treatments.
Conditions that can be treated by Shockwave Therapy:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Calcific Tendinitis – commonly found in the shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder
- Treatment of Muscle Tears and Scar Tissue
- Trigger Points
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Jumpers/Runners Knee – Patellar tendon injuries
- Shin Splints
Shockwave Therapy helps by:
- Inhibiting pain signals
- Decreasing inflammation
- Promoting new blood flow
- Accelerating healing
- Providing long-lasting results, usually permanent
Is it painful?
Shockwave Therapy can be slightly uncomfortable as it is applied directly to the injured area. The injured area may become sensitive for 24-48 hours post-treatment. Generally applying ice to the area for 10 minutes will help to alleviate the sensitivity.
Looking for an appointment in North Vancouver, BC?
Our experienced team at North Vancouver Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic can help you address a number of sports injury and pain-related concerns, a safe and effective treatment. Give us a call or book an appointment through our contact form.