Assessment and treatment prior to surgery play an important role in managing the following criteria:
- Improve range of motion and strength of the injured area.
- Prevent compensatory stresses to other areas of the body.
- A customized home program to facilitate overall conditioning, a faster rate of recovery and to minimize possible complications post-surgery.
- Regain full function as well as a progressive safe return to work, sport and recreational activities
At Allied Physiotherapy Health Group we treat a wide range of post-operative conditions:
- Open reduction and internal fixation (plates & screws)
- Anterior Cruciate reconstruction of the knee
- Arthroscopy of the Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist/Hip/Knee and Ankle
- Total/Partial Hip & Knee Joint Replacements
- Surgical Repair of Dislocations & Fractures
- Spinal Surgery i.e. Discectomy, Laminectomy and Fusion
The aim of treatment postoperatively is to decrease pain/swelling, promote healing as well as to regain mobility, strength, balance and maximal function of the joint and associated structures. Visit our location today or book an appointment here.
Looking for pre and post-surgical rehabilitation in North Vancouver, BC?
Our experienced team at North Vancouver Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic can help you prepare for surgery and address a wide range of post-operative conditions. Give us a call or get in touch through our contact form to book an appointment today.